Innovative Energy Consultancy Ltd
Innovative Energy Consultancy Ltd

Are you eligible for a tax rebate on your energy bill?

The Climate Change Agreement Scheme allows eligible businesses to claim a rebate on the tax element of their energy bills.  If you are not currently in the scheme it’s worth checking to find out whether you are eligible as significant savings can be achieved.

If you are already in the CCA you will need to submit a data return soon.  We help companies to join the scheme and adhere to the criteria which allows the rebate to be claimed.

For food and drinks manufacturers, records of 2013’s total energy usage and production data have to be submitted to the Food and Drink Industry Association by 21st March.  The records show how companies in the CCA are performing against their energy saving targets.  This enables them to continue to claim a tax rebate on their energy bills.

We are currently half way through the 2-year scheme.  IEC MD Mike Jones said: “The reports should help companies to see how well they are performing against their targets.  This exercise will highlight if more needs to be done in order to continue to claim the rebate.”

Companies that fail to meet their targets must purchase carbon allowances to meet their target shortfall, therefore facing higher costs or alternatively drop out of the CCA Scheme.

IEC helps companies to join the CCA scheme and manages reporting processes to ensure the maximum rebate can be obtained.

“Good record-keeping and a proactive approach to energy management are key,” said Mike.

For further information please visit the CCA section of our website.

Thank you! Your subscription has been confirmed. You'll hear from us soon.
Sign up to receive Energy Brief, which includes our monthly report on Industry News and Market Price Trends.