IEC is a small yet established Energy Consultancy, based between Chester and Wrexham, providing energy management support services for a wide range of UK businesses. We pride ourselves on being independent and aim to help our clients navigate the complexities and volatility of energy purchasing and management, saving them time, money and energy while ensuring they meet their legislative requirements. Thanks to an expanding client portfolio, we are looking to grow our team and require an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to join as an Energy Analyst.
The role will include – utility invoice management and validation, energy data collection and analysis, and market research along with supporting our Energy Managers with performance and legislative reporting for our clients.
No prior industry experience is required for the role as training will be delivered in-house, although candidates with experience will also be considered – making this an exciting opportunity for any applicant to develop a career in a continually evolving energy industry.
- Energy & utility invoice validation and dealing with billing queries
- Data collection and analysis support – collect, input and analyse utility and carbon emissions data to support Energy Managers in building client performance reports and evidence packs.
- Client account management – Liaise with clients, providing help and feedback by understanding of their utility requirements, including site lists, consumption levels and contracted rates.
- Utility metering management – understanding of energy metering to help identify consumption errors and potential savings
- Market Research – keep up to date with energy markets and products available in the ever-evolving energy industry
- Additional office admin support, as and when required.
Required Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- High organisation skills – comfortable with managing own workload and time to ensure deadlines are met
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal communication skills are key, ensuring personable interface with clients. Clear and confident telephone manner
- Good numerical and analytical skills – confident with data input and analysis, detail orientate.
- Teamwork – enjoy working within a team and can be flexible to help support others
- Computer literacy – good experience in using MS Office suite, specifically Excel
- Previous Experience – past roles in office environment or customer facing are desirable, though not essential
Hours of Work
- Full time, permanent
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 9.00 – 17.00.
- Office-based with allocated free parking in Pulford, Chester
- Early finish on Friday
Salary & Benefits
- £20,000 – £23,000 a year
- Performance-based bonuses
- Progression opportunities – growing business, annual qualification budgets
- Private Health Insurance scheme
- Pension Contributions