- Gas prices decreased towards the end of April
- Longer contracts remained bearish, taking direction from weaker oil and coal.
- A drop in temperature lifted residential demand, however.
- The 1-year forward price was at 30.65ppt by April 29th.
- Power prices eased downwards at the end of April.
- The 1-year forward price was at £39.24/MWh by April 29th.
- Prices were at about $20.5/b at the end of April as production cuts took effect.
- Demand for thermal coal is expected to fall by the most this year since the Second World War after factories close due to Coronavirus. Prices for coal held up in the initial stages of the pandemic but have since tumbled, according to the FT. https://www.ft.com/content/c7b67992-b8e5-4ced-8efd-3b6b444d62d9